Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Grudge 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-10-18

The Grudge 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Grudge 3   The Grudge 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:17 pm

The Grudge 3 is the direct-to-DVD sequel to the American horror films The Grudge and its sequel, The Grudge 2. The film was directed by Toby Wilkins taking Takashi Shimizu's place. According to IMDb, filming took place in March 2008. The film will be released on May 12, 2009. The trailer was released on October 28, 2008.

Production

During post-production of The Grudge 2, Takashi Shimizu discussed the idea of creating another sequel:

During the script meeting, our ideas didn't go anywhere good, and we couldn't come up with anything interesting to stop the curse, so if that's the case, I would rather just go for something that could never be stopped. But who knows, maybe something can be stopped in The Grudge 3.

During Comic Con 06, Sony officially announced plans of creating the sequel.[1] Takashi Shimizu stated he was offered to direct the sequel but would rather produce the film instead.[2] Moviehole reported that the film was putting out a casting call for new actors to play Kayako and Toshio, since Takako Fuji (Kayako) and Yuya Ozeki (Toshio) have passed on the opportunity. [3] Bloody-Disgusting reports that Shawnee Smith, who appeared as Amanda in the Saw films, has finished filming her scenes for this movie.

On January 1, 2009, the cover was revealed and it was announced that it would be released on DVD May 12th, 2009. It will only contain featurettes as special features.

Despite rumors that the film's would be rated PG-13 in line with the previous American remakes, the rating is now an R due to the film's strong violence, disturbing images, and brief nudity (making it the first Grudge film to receive a higher rating than PG-13).

The Grudge 3 023400lum
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Undie

Undie

Number of posts : 235

The Grudge 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grudge 3   The Grudge 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:49 pm

I have been a big fan of Ringu and Juon but i did think The Grudge was an interesting film i could not get into the sequel but like i said i much prefer the Japanese originals over the Americanized versions but i will check out this one who knows it may be decent
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mathew29
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364

The Grudge 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grudge 3   The Grudge 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:03 pm

I concur I am not a Grudge fan at all they are OK at best, but to me the Japanese originals are far superior, I own them both, plus the V Cinema versions which are the straight to DVD originals of the Ju On's.

I don;t mind the Grudge movies but they just don't have the same feel for some reason, I will check this one out but won't buy it, however I WILL buy the Ju On 3 when it hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Sponsored content

The Grudge 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Grudge 3   The Grudge 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Grudge 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creature Features :: The Resource Bay :: Various Media-
Jump to: