Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Last House On The Left

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom K
Admin
Tom K

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-10-18

The Last House On The Left Empty
PostSubject: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Released in 1972 and directed by Wes Craven and written by Sean Cunningham...

The quintessential Rape/Revenge film that inspired the Italians to make a slew of them...This was loosely based on Bergman's The Virgin Spring...

A pair of teenage girls are headed to a rock concert for one's birthday. While trying to score marijuana in the city, the girls are kidnapped by a gang of psychotic convicts.

And then the madness ensues...Torture, rape, more torture, then death...

The bad guys do get theirs in a ironic twist of fate...

Very bleak and pretty disturbing at times. Forced humor in parts try to lighten the movie, but I think they should have stayed serious throughout...

Has a groovy soundtrack as well, which was composed by David Hess, who played Krug (and other very similar characters in the Italian rip offs...more on those later)

Pretty much essential viewing if you want to dive into Exploitation films...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
Demonic Possessor

Demonic Possessor

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 4:55 pm

I love this movie!
Back to top Go down
Undie

Undie

Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Piss Your Pants and Listen to daddy. I want you to take the gun, and I want you to put it in your mouth, and I want you to turn around and blow your brains out. Blow your brains out, BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT

Some of the greatest lines of the times. Great movie for sure, i hate it when people try to pick apart the film and point out it violence. Its only a movie people enjoy it for what its worth and move on
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mathew29
Mortlock

Mortlock

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Haven't seen this movie in a couple of years but I remember it was one of my favorites, the discussion in the car about "favorite murders" still pops into my memory sometimes.
I remmeber when I first watched this I was really high and when the "animal-like female" started playing with the chicks guts I started tripping balls... and I agree the chicken truck scene was pretty much useless.
Back to top Go down
ktel025

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:29 am

Best shower scene ever......and i'm not talking about the golden one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last House On The Left   The Last House On The Left Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last House On The Left
Page 1 of 1