Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chicago Giallo Fans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom K
Admin
Tom K

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Chicago Giallo Fans Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Giallo Fans   Chicago Giallo Fans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Just saw this at a film board I post on...looks pretty cool and I plan on checking some of these out...

A giallo retrospective I've organized is playing at Doc Films at the University of Chicago, a venue on Chicago's south side. While it's a bit of a trek, the facilities are professional, and it's a great opportunity to see these films on the big screen, almost all of them in 35mm. Directions to the theater can be found here (http://docfilms.uchicago.edu/docfilm...sitors.shtml); admission is $5 (cash or check), or $26 for a quarter-long pass, which would get you into all 10 films (as well as any of the 69 others playing in the quarter, if you're inclined to see them).

So that this doesn't just seem like solicitation, I'll point out that the theater is an entirely-volunteer organization, so I receive absolutely no money whether anyone comes or not. I'd just like as many people who would be interested to be able to check these films out on the big screen as possible.

The films start next Tues, the 30th of September, and continue for 10 weeks of giallo madness, every Tuesday night at 7. The full schedule is:

Sept. 30 - The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (35mm)
Oct. 7 - Perversion Story (One on Top of the Other) (16mm)
Oct. 14 - Paranoia (35mm)
Oct. 21 - The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (The Next Victim) (35mm)
Oct. 28 - Four Flies on Grey Velvet (35mm)
Nov. 4 - What Have you Done to Solange? (The School That Couldn't Scream) (35mm)
Nov. 11 - All the Colors of the Dark (They're Coming to Get You) (35mm)
Nov. 18 - Deep Red (35mm)
Nov. 25 - Autopsy (35mm)
Dec. 2 - Pieces (Grindhouse's new 35mm print) (yeah, I know it's a piss-poor excuse for a giallo, but it's hard to resist a new 35 of Pieces)

Full schedule is here: http://docfilms.uchicago.edu/docfilm.../2008-04.shtml

Note it erroneously lists many of the films as being Italian with subs; they're all dubbed, and many are in their original release versions (alternate titles in parentheses).

Anyway, hopefully this alerts some people to this who otherwise might not have heard of it. It's hard to see these gialli on the big screen, and I'd hate to think I'd missed an opportunity...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Giallo Fans   Chicago Giallo Fans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:39 pm

That'd be fucking sweet to see both Deep Red and Pieces on the big screen.

I'll try to make it to atleast one of these. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom K
Admin
Tom K

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Giallo Fans   Chicago Giallo Fans Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm actually going to see Pieces next weekend at Music Box Massacre...

I should be able to catch it...I have to co-host Metal Up Your Tap next week, so I'll be at the film fest, leave for MUYT, then when that is over, go back to the film fest...

Glad it is a 24 hour fest!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Giallo Fans   Chicago Giallo Fans Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Unfortunately can't make it to Musicbox. I'll go to MUYT though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Giallo Fans   Chicago Giallo Fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicago Giallo Fans
Page 1 of 1