Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread

Go down 
+3
Tom K
Mortlock
DeathROT Maniac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Empty
PostSubject: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:07 pm

Quite the infamous series out of Japan created by Satoru Orgura.

Some quite notable ones in this repulsive series...

Mermaid in a Manhole

Basically an artist tries to find 'inspiration' going into a sewer. Oldly enough finds a mermaid. Brings her to his house and cares for her and paint her. Finding out she has a disease of sorts. The madness goes from there. Some quite disgusting moments.

Flower of Flesh and Blood seems to have alot of popularity in the series. Displays a kidnapping and entrapping of a young women who later gets dismembered and mutilated by the unidentified culprit. There's an aura to it that's like any other here.

Those are just a couple.
Back to top Go down
Mortlock

Mortlock

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Personally I don't think I will ever see these movies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom K
Admin
Tom K

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:54 pm

I seen them, but I'm not really a fan...I appreciate them for what they are, but they really don't do much for me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
Retox

Retox

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Some of them are fun, but not really good films, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/splattercraft
Monster_Zer0

Monster_Zer0

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 pm

Mermaid in a Manhole is really the only one i like...the others just seem..well...i didn't see much in them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trioxinthrash
Nev

Nev

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 am

im still trying to get the set, i have one of them (not sure whats it called) but it was a "unique" flick ad i want to see the rest...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nevfuck
Burn

Burn

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:28 am

I've got the limited edition German set that came out years ago. It's in a huge numbered box, and came with a t-shirt.

Flowers of Flesh and Blood is legendary, for what it is - a straight gore film. No story to speak of, but man are those effects mindblowing.

Mermaid in a Manhole is the best of the series, in my opinion, as it actually has a decent story. And though it's doesn't have the realism of Devil's Experiment or Flowers of Flesh and Blood, it's still one of the more disgusting of the bunch.

What most people usually don't talk about is that 3 of the 6 Guinea Pig films are actually gore comedies. I got a kick out of Devil Woman Doctor and He Never Dies, because of their sheer wackiness.
Back to top Go down
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 pm

I still need to see Devil Doctor Woman.

He Never Dies is another favorite of mine in this collection. Pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Retox

Retox

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:46 pm

DeathROT Maniac wrote:
I still need to see Devil Doctor Woman.

He Never Dies is another favorite of mine in this collection. Pretty funny.

Devil Doctor Woman is funny in an almost Tromaville sort of way...The scene with the living turd in a box with corn for teeth is funny. It's one of those films I can have a lot of fun with when I'm drunk. He Never Dies can be really funny as well. I don't know if it'd be more funny or less funny if I was Japanese, but I think the guys reaction to certain things and the words used cracked me up the most. Android is pretty funny in most parts as well. I agree about Mermaid being the best. I have the Unearthed Films box and that one has gotten more plays than any of them, alongside Flowers of Flesh and Blood. I used to play that one for people when I had visitors that wanted to see gore......Very cool effects. I still have yet to sit through Devil's Experiment without falling asleep. Not great films, but I have no problem watching them.......And this thread kinda makes me want to again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/splattercraft
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread   Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guinea Pig Series Apprication Thread
Page 1 of 1