Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Amityville II: The Possession (1982)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Amityville II: The Possession (1982) Empty
PostSubject: Amityville II: The Possession (1982)   Amityville II: The Possession (1982) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Prequel to the first Amityville set years before the Lutz family moved into the infamous haunted house, has the Montelli family moving into the ominous Long Island house where their eldest son becomes possessed by the evil lurking within.

I always thought this this one at times was more intense and a bit more scary that the first film, not talking anything away from the original, but after all this one was technically the first film anyhow.

I think this film has more of an impact, at least on me it does, because the possession and evil goes beyond the house itself, the demon takes over the young teenage son Sonny played by Jack Magner who in turn has a creepy presence to him even without the demon within satan this is when the film really gets going, the movie definitely draws influence from The Exorcist, even some of the scenes are ripped off directly from the William Friedkin classic which makes for some good watching, because it is done fairly well.

Anyways I just finished watching this classic, any other fans of the film, or any of the Amityville movies in general?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Undie

Undie

Number of posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Amityville II: The Possession (1982)   Amityville II: The Possession (1982) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:00 am

I love this film it has that Exorcist atmosphere as you already noted but i thought that not only the performance of Jack Magner but also of Burt Young was the glue that kept the film together. I will be the first to admit that the whole brother sister love thing was a little creepy but it also fit into the whole atmosphere of the film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mathew29
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Amityville II: The Possession (1982)   Amityville II: The Possession (1982) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:13 pm

I suppose the incest thing can be consider "evil" and a complete act of the devils work.....at least I hope that is what the director was leaning towards affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amityville II: The Possession (1982)   Amityville II: The Possession (1982) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amityville II: The Possession (1982)
Page 1 of 1