Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Russ Meyer films

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:27 am

Russell Albion Meyer (March 21, 1922 – September 18, 2004), was an American motion picture director and photographer.

Meyer is known primarily for writing and directing a series of successful low-budget sexploitation films that featured campy humor, sly satire and large-breasted actresses.

Well I took the plunge and bought the pricey UK PAL edition of Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965).

I remember seeing it in High School and liking it quite a bit, the thing is I want to check out some more by Meyer, but all his films are in the high price range, just like this one was, and I am not to familiar with him or most of his works.

So before I start blowing cash I really don't have, I wanted to ask about your (you all) opinions on his films, what's good, what's not... and so on, any input would be much appreciated. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Dan of the Dead

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:02 pm

I just picked up Super Vixens and Faster Pussycat. I gotta say I loved Super Vixens. I really want to buy more, but like you said the price tag is pretty steep.
Back to top Go down
Dan of the Dead

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Did you ever get around to checking out more titles Al? Beyond the Valley of the Dolls rules too.
Back to top Go down
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:38 pm

lol, No not yet Dan, the list has grown so vastly it will take me a while.... I will eventually though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Dan of the Dead

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:57 pm

Wolvesblood wrote:
lol, No not yet Dan, the list has grown so vastly it will take me a while.... I will eventually though!

Yeah, I hear ya. My stack of unwatched DVD's is teetering out of control. It seems like I buy 3 DVD's for every 1 I find time to watch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Russ Meyer films Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russ Meyer films   Russ Meyer films Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russ Meyer films
Page 1 of 1