Creature Features
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Cinema From Around The World

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dawn of the Dead

Go down 
+3
Undie
Wolvesblood
Tom K
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom K
Admin
Tom K

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:54 am

Romero's second Dead film and probably his most popular and most loved...

It ranks on my list of Top 5 Horror films of all time, but I still like Night the best...

At any rate, great film...The zombie outbreak continues...the city is in a panic...4 people escape and seek shelter in a mall...they are doing ok for awhile until a biker gang ruin their stronghold...

This one was very comic book like...but it had a lot of great Savini gags...

The social commentary for this one was consumerism...and it fit well...Romero always seems to be ahead of his time...

The theatrical version is where its at and the cut that Romero prefers...The Extended Edition is ok, but a bit too long...And the Argento version is cool, but caters to the European audience...more action, less talk...and the Goblin soundtrack is much more prevalent...

Dork moment for me...I went to the Monroeville Mall, where it was filmed and bought a copy of Dawn on DVD just so I can have the receipt saying I purchased it there...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tomkwarrior
Wolvesblood
Admin
Wolvesblood

Number of posts : 364

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:14 am

Yup definitely another Zombie epic, this is my second favorite of the Romero Zombie films, with NOTLD being my first. I remember seeing this one real young & between the over the top violence at the beginning & the viciousness of the undead, I don't know what made my jaw drop more, a brilliant classic indeed and it will always be a classic in my eyes!

I like the Zombi European version as well, makes it kind of a more faced paced action flick at the same time, the score is sweet as well, but I do like the classic version better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/faminerecords
Undie

Undie

Number of posts : 235

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 am

Dawn is a great film and the fact that Romero and Savini were going for a comic book look and not a true horror feel to the film made it that much more enjoyable. Night is still my favorite but this one and Day hold special places in my heart
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mathew29
Demonic Possessor

Demonic Possessor

Number of posts : 31

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:26 pm

I liked Night better as well as Day of the Dead. Still, a very good film.
Back to top Go down
Monster_Zer0

Monster_Zer0

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:19 am

Dawn is a staple in the horror genre. Romero knows how to play the social tones of an era into his films. I got to visit the mall back in June, i was covered in goosebumps
Dawn of the Dead Lbc6298deaa09f730980a3cpb0
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trioxinthrash
Mortlock

Mortlock

Number of posts : 64

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:31 am

"anyone got any cigarettes?"
Back to top Go down
Undie

Undie

Number of posts : 235

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 6:10 am

favorite moment in the film was the bikers broke into the mall, all things went to hell and seeing bikers throw pies at zombies pure fun cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mathew29
Mortlock

Mortlock

Number of posts : 64

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:33 am

i know for a fact tat if i ever found myself in a zombie apocalypse i'd end up like the maraudering bikers lol
Back to top Go down
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Monster_Zer0 wrote:
Dawn is a staple in the horror genre. Romero knows how to play the social tones of an era into his films. I got to visit the mall back in June, i was covered in goosebumps
Dawn of the Dead Lbc6298deaa09f730980a3cpb0

Good stuff!!! Isn't it right by the PA turnpike?
Back to top Go down
DeathROT Maniac

DeathROT Maniac

Number of posts : 120

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 pm

One of my favorite quotes.....

"We don't like people who don't share, you just fucked up real bad."

HAHA!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dawn of the Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Dead   Dawn of the Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Dead
Page 1 of 1